Sunday, March 30, 2008

Settling in!


Well, I thought that I would have more time to update you more often but obviously, I'm still staying pretty busy! Staying home with the kids is exhausting! Ha, ha, how did I ever do it before? There is so much to do here - I need to remember that I'm here for a while and not on vacation. I don't need to do everything this week!

Anyways, my parents came and left! I have pictures posted of all our adventures together. We hiked up to a waterfall, saw huge sea turtles, went to the zoo and of course the beach many times. Oscar and Dad surfed a lot (Oscar was happy to have a surfing buddy) and Mom and I played with the kids in the water. They are getting so much more comfortable with the ocean and it's so neat to see them trying to ride the waves! I loved having them here and miss them terribly. They are already planning the next time to come out - when the baby is born! The kids can't wait to see them again and keep talking about it. We've got some great pictures up on their "California Board" in their room.

Well, let me just update you on how God continues to stretch our faith and keep us completely dependant on Him. Oscar has been offered a permanent position at HMSA (Blue Cross of Hawaii). This wasn't an easy decision because we had just started our own business as a private IT consultant but we felt that God was calling us to accept the position and reap the benefits of being an employee once again. Oscar is excited to start his new journey (same company, same sort of work, just has a boss now). I'm very proud of him but we know that it is God who allows us to succeed not our own doing.

As soon as I get to the doctor, I will give you a baby update. No, we do not know what it is yet! Hopefully we will find out next month sometime! All I know is that I can't wait until June 27th!

No comments:

1 Peter 5:10-11

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.