Saturday, October 10, 2009

Swimming


It's funny how things are so crazy at times I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water and then there are times that I'm actually feeling on top of the world! As I think about the difference between the two, one thing keeps coming to mind - God. When I'm in tune with Him and trust Him for every single little detail of my life (like finding our missing car keys) then no matter what happens, I'm indestructible. When I take my eyes off Jesus, I start to sink. There really is a deep hole in our souls that only Jesus can fill. I love just letting go and enjoying life. I love leaving the house (even though there may be laundry to do) and taking the kids to the museum just for fun. I love having a Friday night where nothing is planned but just hanging out as a family. What a joy it was to eat dinner, play games, and watch movies tonight. Thank you Jesus for loving us and blessing us, even with the little things!

2 comments:

Hays Family said...

I can't believe it, Zek has changed SO much. He is really growing up. Love your new design!

KellyR said...

I just loved this post!

1 Peter 5:10-11

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.