Sunday, April 13, 2008

Birthday Surprise!



I had a great birthday - thanks to all my loved ones! After the disco with the kids, we came home and surprise! - we found a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a balloon sitting on our front porch! It was from our good friends Jenn and Darrick Hays. The note said that Jenn was coming to pick up the kids in the morning and taking them over night so I can have a relaxing day to myself and a romantic night with my hubby! Wow, was I excited?! It had been a long time since I had a day off from work (you know what I mean) so Monday came, the kids were packed and sent on their way and off to lunch with Oscar! After lunch, he had to go back to work so I thought, why not walk around the mall, get a caffeine free iced tea and a mini massage! I can't think of anything better than a massage! I treated myself to a 30 minute massage (much needed), spent some time at Barnes and Nobles (so I bought a few books for the kids - I missed them by this time), and headed home to sit on the couch before Oscar got home from work! He took me to an Italian Restaurant and we went to catch a movie. We had a great time! Thanks Jenn! Oscar and the kids gave me cards (my favorite thing from the kids) and a gift certificate for a professional massage and facial at the Hilton Hawaiian Village (very prestigious hotel)! I guess he knows me pretty good! Thanks honey - I love you!

No comments:

1 Peter 5:10-11

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.