Monday, June 30, 2008

Ezekiel Keahi Gonzalez


Birthdate: June 27, 2008 at 11:24 am
Weight: 7 lbs, 14 oz.
Length: 20.5 inches
Name: Ezekiel (Zek) is a book in the Old Testament in the Bible named after a prophet.
Keahi is Hawaiian Meaning Flames or Fire
Looks like: Ki and Geni combined!


Well, here is the story...
Thursday morning we thought that it might be time to go to the hospital so we called Jenn who came quickly to pick up the kids, Oscar called off work, and we called the doctor. The doctor reassured us that we had time and to take it easy until the contractions were 5 minutes apart. So...we waited and waited. All day we waited! I ended up going to sleep about 11:00 Thursday night. I was awoken at about 2:00 in the morning with consistent contractions - yeah! To the emergency room we went! After waiting more with the IV and all the other goodies hooked up to me, we waited some more. It seemed so long because everybody kept telling us that since this is the third baby things were going to go very fast. At this point it didn't seem very fast! After being there for about 8 hours, not much happened. AT 10:30 in the morning, the doctor came in and found me progressed from a 5 to an 8! Yeah! About a half an hour later, I knew I needed to push. They called my doctor who had to come from his office across the street so with every contraction, I had to hold him in! More waiting! Finally, Dr. Yoshino arrived and within 5 pushes Zek was here! At first I thought, "Genesis!" and then I looked again and said, "Ki!", so we think he is a real mixture of the two. What can we say? We are very happy, now a party of 5, and excited to start this new adventure of taking 2 toddlers and an infant to the beach!

3 comments:

Hays Family said...

Congratulations again! I can't wait to hold him again soon!

Simply my Thoughts said...

Beth!
Congratulations on your baby's arrival!!! I got so excited when I saw Ezekiel's picture on your blog... He is a cutie!!! Take care of yourself... Hope we can chat soon.
adri:)

David Vairin said...

Hey Congrats!

I'm sure it seems like a life time for him to come. I can remember when you left Cali 6 months ago, you barely looked pregnant. Now to think he is here.

Give him lots of hugs and kisses from your bro.

1 Peter 5:10-11

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.