Monday, September 29, 2008

Ki Turns 4!

Ok, so I know I haven't posted in a while (just trying to catch up on house work and sleep lately) but I had to post today since it was Ki's birthday! We had a great day! In the morning Ki and Geni each got a present and then a special breakfast (Orange Rolls - a favorite of Ki's) then off to school. Geni and I stayed at school for a while and played with Ki during their outside play time. It was fun watching him interact with the other kids and I think he really enjoyed Mommy and Sister being there with him. Geni and I left for about an hour and then came back to have snack with the class. They sang the "Happy Birthday" song and had a special birthday crown to wear. Another friend had a birthday yesterday so they celebrated together. After we picked Ki up from school we came straight home to make his birthday cake. A tradition I started with the kids was to help make their own cake - it's fun for them and they get to lick the bowl when we're done! Daddy came home, we had dinner, and then we let him open one more present - a bike helmet. He kinda wondered why he was getting a bike helmet but then we told him to go outside and surprise...a new big boy bike was waiting for him. He was very surprised and maybe a little confused! To the park we rode! We then came home and frosted the cake. He wanted a chocolate cake with rainbow frosting (he is studying colors at school and even made tie die shirts!) so I got out the food coloring and together we frosted it rainbow style. It was a lot of fun and despite the way it looked, it was yummy. Then the rest of the presents. He always gets one from Daddy, one from Mommy, and one from Sister - the rest were all from Grandpa and Grandma which came in a big box today! Perfect timing. Well, it was a packed day and we are all exhausted! Just think 4 years ago I was in the hospital holding my first baby and feeling the love for the first time as I looked in his big brown eyes. Now I look in Zek's eyes and can't believe that God could actually give me something so precious! Three babies and my love doesn't run out. It's hard to imagine that God loves us more than that and he actually sacrificed His own son to have a relationship with us. Thank you Jesus for your love and forgiveness and for letting us experience a little bit of you with our own kids!

2 comments:

Hays Family said...

Happy Birthday Ki! We can't wait to celebrate with you on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KI!!!

1 Peter 5:10-11

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.