Monday, September 08, 2008

Ki's First Day of School


Ki was so excited for his first day of Preschool. He got a haircut, a new outfit, and a "suitcase backpack". Oscar took the morning off to walk him to school with us and also to pick him up! It was so great that Amma was here for this special day. We started the day off with chocolate donuts and lime chiffon cake from Liliha Bakery (very famous bakery down the street from us). Then we walked to school, found his classroom and took a picture with his teacher (Mrs. Carolyn) and said good-bye! He just gave us kisses and hugs and waved bye! What a big boy! We picked him up right before lunch so we were able to walk over to McDonalds for Chicken McNuggets! For dinner I asked Ki what he wanted me to make for his special day and he said, "grilled chicken, brown rice, and green beans" so that's exactly what I made! Mom was happy to see that he put vinegar all over his green beans (a Klinger tradition). The kids went to bed early and Oscar, Mom and I made a Kona Coffee Shake run and watched a movie - how fun!

Ready for School - Good Shepherd Preschool


Mommy and Daddy are so proud!


Little sister is proud too!


Can we play at school too?


Teacher made Amma get in the family picture for the class wall!


Mrs. Carolyn

3 comments:

Hays Family said...

What GREAT pictures! Looks like a great day!

Anonymous said...

Wow Ki, what a big boy going to school...you are growing up to be such a big boy. I want you to tell me all about your school when you come to see me...love you...Papa

Anonymous said...

By the way, I really like your music...I need those downloaded so I can listen on my ipod or something, maybe my computer.

Makes me miss you guys listening to the music and looking at all the pics...miss you guys and cant wait for your trip in Novemeber...

1 Peter 5:10-11

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.