Monday, November 17, 2008

Lita's House
















Well, we arrived Saturday morning around 7:00 and my mom and dad came to pick us up - we went straight to their house to unload our things and "freshen up". Our first trip was to my brother's house to see the cousins! It was great seeing them again - they have all grown so much in the last 10 months! I call Abbie my twinie because that's exactly what I looked like when I was 6. After hanging out with them for a while we went straight to Oscar's mom's house - we call her Lita because that's short for Abuelita (grandma) and when Ki was little, all he could say was "Lita" and now that's her name! Well, Lita and everyone else was happy to see us - Oscar and his mom hadn't seen eachother for almost a year! She made sopes for us and my parents (they loved them!) and we just hung out and talked. Later in the afternoon we starting smelling someone bbq-ing and Lita said she was hungry just smelling it and I agreed so we decided to get out the carne asada, cebollas, frijoles, arroz, tortillas, and tequila! It was great! Oscar and I haven't had Mexican food in so long and the absolute best Mexican food is Lita's food - and my parents agreed (they kept going back for seconds, thirds, and I think even fourths!) We ended up having a great time and the best part was that our families were having fun together. I loved being able to share this time with my parents to show them what happens "on the other side of the family". I'm so proud of both of our families and the heritage and culture that we can share with our kids! Ok, now I'm getting sentis!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad ya'll made it safely! Have a great time!

Hays Family said...

Family is so awesome and I am so glad you are having fun with them. You make my mouth water talking about that yummy mexican food, eat a bunch for me!

African Adventures said...

You made my mouth water as well. Glad you made it safely and are spending the holiday with your loved ones.

1 Peter 5:10-11

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.