Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No Eye Injection!

Yeah - Today I didn't need the second eye injection like I thought I was going in for! Ok, here is the whole story (in a short version) from a couple of months ago....

About six weeks ago I had my first eye injection of Avastin. This medicine goes directly into my left eye and kills the unwanted blood cells that are growing. I was told that for some people it may take 2-3 injections for all the blood cells to die and for others it could take 5-6 injections. I was really praying that I was one of the lucky ones....

Today I went in to the Dr for him to check the progress from the first injection and receive the second. After he compared my results of the pictures from last time and this time, there was a significant improvement! He actually didn't want to give me the second injection (for now, anyways!)

I go back in a month for some very detailed pictures (they inject my blood with die and then watch it go into my retina - weird but cool). I will keep everybody updated! Thanks for the prayers. I really feel like I have favor from God on this one!

No comments:

1 Peter 5:10-11

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.